Telepharmacy Opening Inspection Checklist
Prior to the site inspection of the proposed telepharmacy site the following documentation needs to be forwarded to the compliance officer completing the inspection.
- Monthly inspection report.(657-13.9(5) ).
- Label to be used, including all information to be provided to the patient.
- Proof of telepharmacy technician training required.
- 2000 hours as CPhT, 1000 hours Iowa 160 hours in the managing pharmacy.
- Security entry log.
- Policy and Procedures (657-13.21).
- Telepharmacy agreement with the managing pharmacy (657-13.3(1) ).
- Pharmacist training.
To assist you in preparing for the site visit, be aware that the compliance officer’s assessment will include, but not be limited to, compliance with the following:
- Security (657-13.8(3)
- Video at telepharmacy and managing pharmacy including testing and verification.
- Rx processing (including the visualization by the pharmacist at the managing site).
- Signage of the telepharmacy site.
- Display of hours a Pharmacist will be at the telepharmacy site.
- Counseling Signage (657-13.8(4) ).
- Patient Counseling demonstration at telepharmacy (657-13.8(5) ).
- Emergency preparedness plan (657-13.9(2) ).
- Testing of the alarm system and viewing record on the entry log.
- Testing of the video recording system and viewing of record at the managing site.
- Technician name badge (657-11(4) ).
- Documentation of pharmacist verification and counseling.
- Pseudoephedrine registrations and system.
- Interviews of supporting technicians and pharmacists.