Question: How do I get a list of all the pharmacies or pharmacists currently licensed in Iowa?

Answer: We can provide lists, labels, or computer files, sorted in any order you specify, of pharmacists, pharmacies, or any other Board licensees or registrants. See Pharmacy Directory for further information.

Question: Do we need to be licensed to ship prescription devices to end users in Iowa?

Answer: There is currently no license required for the distribution of prescription medical devices directly to patients pursuant to the order of a qualified prescriber. This includes medical gases and oxygen. The distribution of prescription medical devices, including medical gases and oxygen, at...

Question: How do I become a licensed Drug Wholesaler in the state of Iowa?

Answer: All applications for a wholesaler's license are available from the Board office via phone, fax, mail, or E-mail requests to Cassie Lee . All applications are to be completed in their entirety and submitted to the Board office with the check, cashier's check or money order for the appropriate fee...

Question: What do I need to do to take necessary tests to become licensed to practice pharmacy in Iowa?

Answer: There are various means available for initial licensure in Iowa: exam, score transfer, license transfer (reciprocity), and foreign pharmacy graduate certification. See Original Licensure for more information.

Question: Reporting address or employment changes.

Answer: Within 10 days of an address or employment change, submit the change to the Iowa Board of Pharmacy in writing by mail, fax, or E-mail to Diana Carlos-Pirillo . Be sure to include your license or registration number as well as your previous and current address or employer address information.

Question: How can I transfer my pharmacist license from another state to Iowa?

Answer: First step is to complete the preliminary application for license transfer and submit it to NABP. When you receive your final reciprocity application, send it to this office with the appropriate fees. All reciprocity candidates must take and pass the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (...

Question: Does a care facility need a Controlled Substance Registration?

Answer: Yes, if the facility is administering any controlled drugs to patients, a CSA is required for that facility. Federal DEA registration is not required for care facilities.

Question: Do I need a Drug Wholesaler or Pharmacy License to dispense oxygen?

Answer: Medical oxygen is a prescription drug. This means it can only be dispensed by authorized prescriber order. A Drug Wholesaler license is required if you are trans-filling oxygen containers or if you distribute medical oxygen at wholesale to entities other than patients.

Question: How long does it take to process an application?

Answer: Assuming applications are complete and submitted with the appropriate fee payments, renewal applications are usually processed within two to three weeks, taking into consideration holidays or unanticipated complications in the Board office. Applications are processed in the order they are received...

Question: How long after taking the pharmacist licensure tests until I find out my scores? How will I be notified? What happens next?

Answer: Scores are released to boards anywhere between two to ten business days from the date the candidate sat for the exam. Results of the NAPLEX and MPJE examination will be posted on our web site as soon as they are received in this office. Scores are listed according to candidates' Authorization to...


Printed from the Iowa Board of Pharmacy website on May 25, 2018 at 6:19am.