Initial CSA Registration Instructions for Businesses
- Pharmacies, distributors, and outsourcing facilities that are applying for their initial Iowa license may indicate on the primary license application that they will be handling controlled substances and will be issued a corresponding CSAR.
- Pharmacies that already hold an Iowa license and need to apply for a CSAR may submit the new/change pharmacy application and fee and will be issued a corresponding CSAR.
- Distributors and outsourcing facilities that already hold an Iowa license and need to apply for a CSAR may submit the CSAR application for businesses and will be issued a corresponding CSAR.
- Other businesses that do not hold a primary license with the Board of Pharmacy (Care facilities, EMS programs, researchers, analytical laboratories, jails, animal shelters, dog training facilities, clinics, narcotic/MAT programs, teaching institutions and religious organizations) may apply for a CSAR by submitting the CSAR application for businesses.
- Refer to https://pharmacy.iowa.gov/application-forms for the most up-to-date applications.