Meeting Location: The meeting will be held via Cisco Webex. The Board office is not currently open due to COVID-19. To access the meeting, see details below:
Meeting link: https://iahealthboards.my.webex.com/iahealthboards.my/j.php?MTID=m438c3798d991a878d5a01c358ccaab16
Meeting number: 126 311 5502
Phone Access: 1-408-418-9388
Phone password: 26572665
All Times Listed are Approximate:
1:00 p.m. Call to Order & Announcements
Public Comment Period—anyone who has submitted material for the agenda will be given an opportunity to address the Council during the particular agenda item. A member of the public wishing to address the Council regarding a particular agenda item should raise a hand during that agenda item to be recognized. During the initial public comment period, members of the public will have the opportunity to address the Council regarding any items not on the agenda, or any agenda item if the person is unable to be present for the discussion of the particular agenda item. Acknowledgment and an opportunity to speak will be limited to 5 minutes per person, with additional time allowed at the discretion of the Council.
1:05 p.m. Approval of Minutes
May 15, 2020 Advisory Council Minutes (Mitch)
1:10 p.m. Reports & Informational Items
- Update on applications for integration funding (Mitch)
- Legislative Update (Andrew/Terry)
- Modernizing the PMP: Updates to the Iowa Prescription Drug Monitoring Program - 2020 Update (CEI link to PMP CE now live) (Mitch)
- Pharmacist - https://learn.ceimpact.com/library/course/2070
- Pharmacy Technicians - https://learn.ceimpact.com/library/course/2104
- Offer extended to CPHT for PMP audit/Naloxone dispensing projects (Andrew)
1:20 p.m. Old Business
- Ranking of PMP initiatives (Mitch)
- Develop guidance/recommendation document for implementation strategies to reduce inappropriate opioid prescribing. E.G., opioid/benzo tapering guidance document to be sent out with prescriber activity reports—target Iowa providers.
- Develop and provide Chronic Opioid Therapy Contract templates (downloadable forms within AWARxE) —target Iowa providers.
- Develop in-service education (or webinar) for providers regarding appropriate narcotic prescribing for CE credit—target Iowa providers.
- Next steps/volunteers to lead small working committee (Mitch)
1:20 p.m. New Business
- Items for rules committee (Mitch)
- Any drugs of concern that the advisory council would like to identify at this time to request additional information on for the next meeting?
- Other items for future rules committee meetings that should be on their agenda?
1:55 p.m. Future meetings (Mitch)
- July 17, 2020 (skip?)
- August 21, 2020
- September 18, 2020
2:00 p.m. Adjournment (Mitch)