Proposed Pharmacy Board rule amendments
The Board of Pharmacy recently approved for comment various amendments to Board rules. The proposed amendments have been filed for Notice of Intended Action, requesting comments, suggestions, or objections to the proposed amendments be submitted in writing no later than December 29, 2015. Notices of Intended Action were published in the December 9, 2015, Iowa Administrative Bulletin.
The proposed amendments can be viewed, and comments may be submitted, on the following website: https://rules.iowa.gov/. If you prefer, comments may be submitted to Terry Witkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or via USPS to 400 SW 8th Street, Suite E, Des Moines, IA 50309-4688.
Current Notices of Intended Action include the following:
- ARC 2307C, Chapter 8, Reporting of continuous quality improvement program event
- ARC 2301C, Chapter 4, Pharmacist-intern application for registration – acceptance of individual tax identification number
- ARC 2289C, Chapter 22, Patient med pak record keeping
- ARC 2288C, Chapters 6 and 8, Pharmacy practice – prescribing epinephrine auto-injectors in the name of a facility
- ARC 2287C, Chapter 10, Temporary designation of controlled substances
- ARC 2286C, Chapter 7, Authorization to dispense up to a 72-hour supply of prescription drugs to hospital emergency department patients
- ARC 2285C, Chapters 6, 7, 8, 10, 17, and 23, Authorization of registrants to administer a controlled substances collection program
On behalf of the Iowa Board of Pharmacy, thank you for your assistance in the Board’s rulemaking processes.