As of August 16, 2021, the registration fee for all certified pharmacy technicians will be prorated based on the amount of time between the application date and the expiration date of the technician’s underlying national technician certification. Online technician registration applications implemented the prorated fee structure on July 23, 2021. Paper technician registration applications have now been updated and include the prorated fee structure table.
The fee structure which will apply to all technician registration applications is as follows, based on the date the application was signed:
- Application with national certification expiration within 6 months = $0 (no fee)
- Application with national certification expiration in 6 - 12 months = $20
- Application with national certification expiration in 1 - 2 years = $40
- Application with national certification expiration in 2-3 years = $60
- Application with national certification expiration in 3-4 years = $80
Technician renewal applications which are submitted in the first month following expiration will be assessed a late penalty fee of $40 in addition to the renewal fee identified above.
A technician registration which was not renewed within the first month following expiration must be reactivated and will require a reinstatement fee of $160.
Online and paper applications can be accessed on the Board’s website under Application/Forms. If you are submitting a paper application, please make sure to submit the most up-to-date application on the Board’s website.