Renew Licenses and Registrations
The Iowa Board of Pharmacy's online database was released in early 2018. Unless you previously signed up for an account in 2018 you will not have a user login and will need to sign up for an account. For individuals: If you receive a message “Record Not Found” there could be an error with the SSN or DOB that is on file. You will need to contact the Board office at 515-281-6674. Questions and issues related to CSA Registrants: Please contact Sharon Smith at 515-725-3487.
We recommend that for better user experience to use the latest version of Chrome or IE / Edge.
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover) is required for online renewal. There will be a $2.00 convenience fee charged for online renewal and payment.
- Certified Technician registration renewal requirements: registrants are required to enter their NABP e-profile id, employer details, certification details, and upload a copy of their "National Technician Certification" (PTCB or NHA national certification) before being allowed to renew.
- IBOP Online iLEMS Profile & Renewal User Manual
- Online Renewals - Required Documents
- Acknowledgment and Attestation (for PIC, Facility Manager, Supervising Pharmacist, and Responsible Individual)
- Unless specifically exempt, continuing education is required. Please review IAC 657-2.12 for information pertaining to the continuing education requirements for pharmacist licensure. Note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, licensees whose pharmacist license expires on June 30, 2020 will have until June 30, 2021 to complete the required continuing education. When submitting your renewal application, either on paper or online, your attestation of the completion of continuing education requirements, for this renewal only, will be interpreted to mean that you “have completed or will complete the required continuing education requirements no later than June 30, 2021.” Note that this one-time extension of the deadline for continuing education completion will have no impact on any future renewal. Continuing education requirements will continue as normal for your 2022 license renewal.