Theft and Loss Report

Any person or business registered to handle controlled substances in Iowa must, in case of any loss or theft of controlled substances under the registrant's control, report such loss or theft to the Board of Pharmacy within 14 days of discovery of the loss or theft. Federal regulations also require reporting to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

A registrant must complete the online DEA Form 106, print the report, and submit it to the Board. Reports must be filled out completely, including identification of the registrant, the type of loss or theft, the date of the occurrence, and a detailed listing of the substances and quantities lost. The DEA Form 106 online report is located on the DEA's website at the following location:

A registrant, following completion of the report, must maintain for a minimum two years a copy of the report.

For more information, please contact Amanda Woltz

Printed from the Iowa Board of Pharmacy website on August 06, 2020 at 11:06am.